Friday, August 28, 2015

SUYS challenge

Hi everyone.

I'm popping in to share my interpretation of the gorgeous mood board up this month for Show Us Your Stuff challenge.

Lots of bright colours and wood features....



I was particularly taken by the coloured pieces of wood with flowers attached to them so I went with that.


A grid format to my page and machine stitching - both pretty familiar things to me!

Backed onto woodgrain paper, I mounted my photo onto cork which I recently bought in a pack of 6x6 sheets. Very handy. I will definitely try my hand at punching and cutting shaping from these sheets soon. My handmade item is a gorgeous flair button from D-Lish Scraps.

The title was inspired by the writing on the mood board. Placing the title down the left hand side of the photo  also covered a lot of distracting stuff of the photo (let's face it, I'm not a great photographer!)

I added some hidden journaling behind the photo and secured it with a peg - also inspired by the pegs in the mood board.


Mounted onto a strip of distressed patterned paper, I wound a flower stem around some wire and then stapled it the page. I really loved how this turned out.

Thanks for popping by!

5 comments:

  1. Loving how you have interpreted the mood board Sonia, another one who has taken the flowers and run with them. I love how you almost recreated the mood board collage. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Love how you used the flowers! amazing! Thanks for joining in at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a gorgeous take on the challenge...I adore how you've replicated the flowers. Thanks for joining us over @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Love your interpretation of the moodboard. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonia, this looks gorgeous! I love your design, the stitching, your use of the colours - awesome work! Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete